Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A New Post

I got tired of my sad Quest post so here's a new one. I don't have anything cool or exciting to post though! Last night was family night and we did a revamp of our family rules. I'm going to get some cute bee stickers at the scrapbook store, then frame this for the kitchen/family room area. Hopefully some more general moral based rules will help the kiddos. Some days it feels like they just fight all day!



Then we decided to have assigned chores. The kids have always been in charge of brushing their teeth, getting dressed, etc. But lately I've been feeling like the maid! So every family night we get to pick the job we will have for the week and we have to do that job each day until the next family night when we switch. This morning Ryan was great with helping out with dishes and Carter reminded me several times that I needed to get some laundry done so he could help with it! Let's see if the excitement lasts! :)


This is the chart I made, I think when I print it out I'm going to cut out the name spots and have chalk board there so we can write them on and erase them each week.

We have also been trying to survive Anna and her 2-year-old-ness. Holy Fit Throwing Batman! She is a ball of independence and you do not want to cross her. Last night she woke up at 12:30am to say she didn't want to be in bed and throw a half hour screaming fit, waking everyone else up. Luckily for her we love her a lot! :)

3 comments:

Mom Allen said...

Honey I promise this too shall pass.......how long it will take is anybodies guess! Just know that you too are loved.
Mom xoxo

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Dana, you are so ridiculously creative :) I love your little craft things :)

Carrie Medford said...

I've dealt with a few of those tantrums lately myself. Whoever termed the phrase "terrible twos" must have experienced the same thing.