Friday, June 15, 2012

The Haps

 Time for an update on the old blog!
 Here's what the fam has been up to:
 CARTER
 Carty has just wrapped up 4th grade with straight As and the most AR points of his class! Yay Carter! He had his first science fair and had a great time experimenting. He is mischievous as ever, but we are working on treating him more like a grown up kid, giving him room to do things his own way and be responsible. He is having fun in Webelos and will turn 11 this September. E.L.E.V.E.N. I'm having a heart attack.
 RYAN
Our Ryan just turned 9 years old and couldn't be sweeter. He also earned straight As this year and had a wonderful time in 3rd grade. He still loves to learn and imagine and read tons. He is really progressing with the piano and is being subjected to piano lessons from Mom this summer (As is Carter). He will get to go back to his regular teacher in the fall, which I think he will be very happy to do. :)
ANNA

 Sissy Sass just turned 7 in May and celebrated with a luau party. She is a bundle of silliness and is feisty as ever. Her latest activity has been spending a week on her own at grandma and grandpas in Utah. I was bracing myself for tears and homesickness, but no, apparently she doesn't need me and is just fine on her own. She'll be moving into her own apartment when she gets home. Not really, but she could. She finished 1st grade making great progress with her reading and we are hoping to do even more with her over the summer!
JILL
Jill Bean is 2 in every sense of the word. She is talking like a 4 year old and still surprises us with all she can say. Her favorite phrase right now is "I don't want to," very appropriate. She LOVES swimming, her baby sister, dancing, and cuddling. We love this little cutie!
PAIGE
Oh Paigey. She is one, walking around like a champ, chattering, and still the cuddliest baby I have ever met. Seriously. She loves to bury her head in your shoulder or chest and just snuggle away. She is the perfect last baby. She is still good natured and sweet, although she will throw a little mini fit if she doesn't get her way. And if she is really tired she will try to bite my face. Her nickname is "Smoosh" because she is so squishy and soft. 
MICHAEL
 I'm not sure when or why we took this picture, but I love it! It's so Michael, silly and fun. He is rocking ad sales and the times news and teaching himself the guitar! I may get annoyed with it occasionally (or lots...) but he really is doing amazing! He just uses you tube videos and can play quite a few songs now. He is still going to a different ward from us, but we are getting used to it and it's not a big deal.
ME
 I am still attempting to get into the groove of summer, but having fun with the kiddos home. I recently ran a 5K and started a little blog about running. I am still planning weeknight meetings for Relief Society and am counting down the months until Paigey Pooper is in nursery. Michael and I are constantly house hunting and hoping to someday move into a house that fits our family! :) 
So that's the low down, we are busy, happy and as crazy as ever.

No comments: