Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tonsils

Poor Annie got her tonsils out yesterday morning. She was so excited and thought it was going to be lots of fun, even though Carter and I both tried to convince her otherwise. Here she is happily playing before she was taken back for surgery.

As soon as the surgery was over, she defninitely believed me that this would not be pleasant. In the midst of a crying episode, she turned to me and said, "Mom, this is not fun!"

Luckily her favorite person took the whole day off to be with her and boy did he make the most of it! Michael held her the entire time after the surgery in the hospital, then he sent me to go with Carter on a field trip while he stayed with his girl. It was so sweet and you could tell having her daddy around really comforted her!
Despite being pretty unhappy right after, she is doing great! I'm no stranger to tonsil troubles so I know our next few days and nights will probably get worse, but she did great last night and is happily drinking all the fluids she is supposed to. Her only issue right now is she is starving and can't eat anything that makes her really full, plus she is jumping and running around the house! We are working hard to make her just be still. I am even letting her watch Scooby Doo movies (a big sacrifice for this mom, who is totally sick of them!) So there's the run down!

No comments: