Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Anna vs. Copper

Ever since we brought home this cute orange kitty, he and Anna have had a love/hate relationship. She loves to hug him which he hates and he loves to pounce around her and play which she hates. And on and on it goes. Last night I think Anna scored big on her side of the battle. We are often jolted out of our sleep by a voice yelling,

" Mooooommmmm, Coffa in my room!" Think a tattle tale type voice.

So I wasn't surprised when I heard that last night as I was cleaning up in the kitchen after the kids were in bed. Anna ran out of her room crying and "Coffa" was hopping around her having a wonderful time. So I put Miss Anna back in her room and shut the door so the cat couldn't get in. Well, the queen of the house did not want her door shut and she didn't want any visitors. I could hear her opening and closing her door, but then all was quiet, so I didn't investigate. Later we were looking for Copper to put him in the laundry room for the night and he was no where to be found! After quite a bit of searching indoors and out I walked down the hall and saw this:


It all suddenly became clear!


Anna figured out a way to have her door open and keep the enemy out for the night! Michael and I laughed and laughed! I think it was a pretty resourceful idea! And Copper was just napping under there. I was down the hall and didn't hear him meow or anything. He must have decided to accept Anna's punishment for the night and was going to sleep there!

You're free Copps!

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

That is too cute!

Emily said...

Our cat Lily and Maya have a twisted love/hate relationship too. Maya sounds just about like Anna except Lily asserts herself and sometimes leaves some good scratches. I always find her asleep curled up next to Maya whenever I check on her at night so obviously she is forgiven!