Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 4th...finally!

I have been such a slow poke with posting 4th of July photos! We had a great holiday with friends and a surprise family visit! Here is Anna in her red, white, and blue-ness.

Ryan loading up his plate at the breakfast party we had at the Hardcastles. So much fun and awesome food!
Anna and Anneal playing in the sand.
You probably noticed there are no pictures of Carter. He was off playing with the older kids so much I didn't see him standing still long enough to get a shot!




After breakfast we went to see Wall-E, which was cute!


After Wall-E and some naps, we got a visit from Grandma and Grandpa! It wasn't a surprise for us, but we didn't tell the kids about it. They were so excited when they saw Grandma and Grandpa get out of the car! It was fun to visit for a few hours!Of course we always have a project or 2 for Ray to look over...
After all the excitement we had a mellow BBQ dinner at home and put the kids to bed early. I know, I know, but the fireworks here didn't start until 10:30 and if you have ever seen my kids after a late night you would have skipped them too! We had our own fireworks celebration a couple days later! Our neighbors own a fireworks outlet stand and generously gave us these 2 bags of fireworks!


So on the 6th we invited Kami and her fam over for some belated pyro-fun.
Anna and Quinn weren't so cool with the noise!
Oooo Aaaa
The kids loving staying up late.

Here is one of our favorite fireworks, The Dancing Butterfly.

Hope you all had a great 4th too!

1 comment:

nandy said...

Dana, Happy Birthday, and many more. I love watching your family grow. What cute kids. The picture of Anna in the glasses reminds me of Dee through the eyes. I really miss your grandma. Hope you have a great year. Sorry you didn't make it to Mexico. Maybe next year if things get less crazy. Love you Auntie Karen