Thursday, February 7, 2008

Temples

I saw this picture of the Mesa Temple on my mom's blog (she took it herself) and it made me miss that great place! It will always have a special place in my heart as the temple I was married in, of course, but also the one I grew up near. Anytime we had any lessons in primary or young women's about temples this is always the one I pictured. I just love it!

Soon (this spring) we will have a temple of our own here in Twin and I know it will always be special to us as well. Since we have lived at least 3 hours away from a temple for the last 6 years, we have really learned to appreciate that Michael and I both grew up close to a temple. I am really grateful for these past years though, because we have had to make going to the temple a priority. If we want to go we need to make plans in advance, make sure we have money for the trip and someone to watch the kids and I am happy to say we have stayed pretty regular (as much as pregnancies would allow) in our once a month goal. That said...I can't wait to just get a sitter here and go!

1 comment:

amy said...

now that we're in liverpool, i can totally relate!! we lived a 10 minute WALK from the Mesa temple...heard the easter pageant from our backyard, etc. i always loved being so close to the temple, but now i have an increased appreciation and also an increased admiration for all those saints who've never been so blessed.