Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fun Craft

My awesome friend Lacie made some of these for her kids while we lived in Elko. I finally made some for us! They were so easy and the kids were so excited to set their places tonight! My mom was always a stickler for setting the table right, so I guess this is me turning into my mother. Help! :) Also, we've had a "knocking your cup off the table with your elbow because your cup is right on the edge of the table" problem, so if the kids put their cups on the cup circle, I'll get to do less mopping! :)



Carter happily setting his spot, definitely worth the effort!

2 comments:

Mike, Chelsea and Co. said...

Hey Dana,
Totally love that idea! I have a picture of a "casual" table setting taped to the inside of our cabinet door but Mike and the girls still need help :0) What did you use to make your mats?

Dana Christensen said...

The mats are made from 12x12 scrapbook paper overlapped. I used an old placemat we had to get the size about the same, then rounded the corners. I traced our silverware, put the letters on, then lamanated it.